Local Attractions - Things To Do
The North Wales Llyn Peninsula has plenty to offer everyone - from the relaxing to more strenuous activities. The area still remains relatively unspoilt and much is as it was (preserved) at the turn of the 19th century.
Locally, in and around Morfa Bychan/Porthmadog, whether you are in to sport, outdoor activities, relaxation or sightseeing there are a wide range of activities to satisfy. On this page we will point you in the right direction so you may explore for yourself just what the area has to offer!
- Portmeirion Official Portmeirion Village website - A must visit local attraction
- Llechwedd Slate Caverns Possibly the most popular visitor attraction in North Wales!
- Ffestiniog Railway The Ffestiniog Railway is the Oldest Independent Railway Company in the World
- Electric Mountain One of the world's most imaginative engineering and environmental projects
- Bodnant Garden Bodnant Garden is one of the most beautiful gardens in the UK, spanning some 80 acres
- Criccieth Castle The Welsh castle at Criccieth is a marvelous sight to behold.
- Harlech Castle A mighty castle superbly situated on a rocky crag
- Penrhyn Castle This enormous neo-Norman castle sits between Snowdonia and the Menai Strait
- Beaumaris Castle Begun in 1295, last and largest of the castles to be built by King Edward I in Wales
- Anglesey Sea Zoo The Sea Zoo is an exhibition of living sealife from around the coast of Anglesey.
- Pili Palas Butterfly World (Butterfly Palace). Hundreds of butterflies from all over the world can be seen here.
- Colwyn Bay Zoo Set in a lovely location here on the North Wales Coast
- Centre for Alternative Technology A solutions driven organisation, offering practical solutions to environmental problems.
- Snowdonia National Park The authority homepage - With useful information about Snowdonia
- Welsh Highland Railway Information about the Welsh Highland Railway - Homepage includes events
- Sygun Copper Mine Family attraction situated in the heart of the Snowdonia National Park - Open most of the year.